Home School Link Worker
Home School Link Worker (HSLW)
I have heard of them! What do they do? How can they help me?
Parenting is a very rewarding but at times is a challenging job and there are times when we, as parents or carers need some additional support. My name is Miss Clements and as the Home School Link Worker I offer just that! By working together we can find solutions to the following problems and other problems that test us as parents:-
- I am worried; my child does not seem to be making friends like I hoped.
- I have been told my child has special needs.
- We have had a bereavement in the family; my child is not coping too well.
- My husband and I have separated; the children are not taking it too well.
- My child is not happy at school; I don't know what to do.
- My child refuses to dress for school; we are always late because of this.
- I try really hard to encourage my child to eat healthy food, but they refuse.
- I keep getting a lunch-box that's only been half eaten back every day from school; I am worried they will be hungry.
- I have received a letter saying my child's attendance is poor, I don't know what to do!
- My child is due to start school, I am worried about how they will settle.
- My child is moving to the juniors, they are worried, I am worried!
- I am in the forces and due to go on deployment. My child is worried about me.
I can offer you the chance to share your worries over a cup of coffee. I may not always have the solution, but I can help to point you in the right direction to a service that can help, offering you confidential support whilst you manage the situation affecting your family. I can offer the support to prevent a small issue growing into a crisis.
Catch me in the playground, ring the office to speak to me, or drop a note into the School Office and I will contact you.